123 HP Envy 5546 Smartphone Printing Setup
When you are using the 123 HP Envy 5546 printer, you must know that the printer can be set up with the smartphone in various ways for
printing. The methods may vary according to the device types and manufacturers. Let’s start with the methods one by one.
Step 1: Check Compatibility of Envy 5546 using Smartphone
- The HP Envy 5546 printer which you are using must be compatible to work with the Smartphone/Android device.
- The 123 HP Envy 5546 Smartphone Printing Setup connection has the Inter-connection through which the 123 HP Envy 5546 Scanner Setup Scans the Smartphone.
- The device used must be able to make use of HP Print Service Plugin service over a Wi-Fi network or using the Wi-Fi Direct connection smoothly.
- For the HP printers that support Bluetooth Smart, and smartphones with Bluetooth v4.0 and later, installation of HP ePrint app is necessary.
- Make sure, that your Android device has OS 4.4 or later version from the Google Play Store as the earlier version doesn’t support the printing service.
- The newer devices are compatible to work with the HP Print Service Plugin as well as the HP ePrint app.
Step 2: Verify 123 HP Envy 5546 Printing Requirements
- On the Envy 5546 Smartphone Setup, there should be a strong active internet connection. From 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer, you need to disconnect any USB or Ethernet cable it is connected as it does not allow for successful wireless connection.
- The device which you are using an HP Envy 5546 Printer must be connected via the same local network. Refer 123.hp.com/envy5546 printer for more information.
- If not, then the printer which you are using must support using Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct.
- All the applications used by the HP Print Service Plugin and HP ePrint app, you must install them in your device beforehand.
- Application types that work with the printer are photos, documents, web pages, and emails, or print from cloud services such as Dropbox or Google Drive, Facebook, and Instagram, depending on your mobile device.
Step 3: Connect Device directly with Envy 5546 Printer using Wi-Fi Network
- When the printer’s wifi direct icon is selected and the Wi-Fi Direct menu appears. Also, you can see that Wi-Fi Direct on HP Envy 5546 Printer.
- A blue light present next to Wi-Fi direct button on 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer must be on.
- You can either select the Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless Direct button or go to the control panel of Envy 5546 Printer and then select settings and locate Wi-Fi Direct or HP wireless direct.
- Press the wireless direct button, note the Network Name and Password, and connect the mobile device to the Wi-Fi network.
- For HP wireless direct connection, select the name of the printer used. Have a note on 123.hp.com/setup 5546 printer for more details.
- The HP Envy 5546 will usually start with DIRECT or HP-Print-model-name and enter the password.
- While making use of Wi-Fi Direct you must connect the Smartphone/Android device to the network.
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings for the connection.
Step 4: 123 HP Envy 5546 Smartphone printing Setup using Wi-Fi:
- It is required for the purposes that the Smartphone/Android device is connected to the same wireless network that Envy 5546 Printer is connected.
- The printer must be in its ON state and also wireless connection should be done for it.
- Connect the 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer with the network. You need to install or update the HP Print Service Plugin and choose a method to turn on the HP Print Service Plugin.
- The HP Print Service Plugin is turned on automatically after installation for Android devices with 7.0 (Nougat) and later.
- The first time installation of the Plugin would display in the notification window, and there you will find the HP Inc. service installed.
- For the update process, go to settings and select more, then go to the options for print/printing.
- Select HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc., and then the device is ready to give print orders to the printer.
- Select 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer from the list of available printers if there is more than one printer connection usually seen as HP [123 HP Envy 5546 Printer model name] or DIRECT-xx-HP [123 HP Envy 5546 Printer model name]
- Open the item you want to print from the menu and go for print over the wireless network.
- Go to the printer control panel, and check that the Bluetooth Smart and Wi-Fi Direct features are turned on.
- Bluetooth Smart and traditional Bluetooth pairing are two different features. Hence, though the pairing is possible between the device and the printer’s Bluetooth Smart signal does not help in printing from the Smartphone/Android device.
- Make the Connection Method as Automatic from the settings of the printer. On the selection method connection method as Manual, a prompt displays on the printer control panel to confirm the printer connection every time you want to print. If you do not confirm the connection, there will be no print.
- Download and Install the HP ePrint app on your Android device and activate it. Input your email address in the space of Activate using your email box.
- Check your email, from The HP ePrint service that emails you containing an Activation Code. Note the PIN code in the email sent from the HP ePrint service and type in the HP ePrint app.
- By default, the suggestion feature of the required Bluetooth Smart printer is enabled. Also, watch that your Android device is within 2 meters (6 feet) from the printer.
- Tap the document you want to print, and then tap Preview, and then select 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer with DIRECT in the name to get the print.
Need Printer Help?
Just in One Click, you can Directly Assist Our Technical Support for 123 HP Printers. We are here to
Help and Support You with the Best Service. Contact our toll-free 1-819-716-0730
Step 5: Setup Smartphone Device with Printer using HP Smart App
- This setup can be done in Android/Apple iOS Smartphones. You can set up the 123 HP Envy 5546 AirPrint Setup on a wireless network.
- You cannot print, but scan and troubleshoot printer issues with the HP Smart app (formerly HP AIO Printer Remote app).
- The HP Smart app needs installation on Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or Apple iOS 9 and later devices like iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch. After installation, launch the app.
- The HP Smart app searches for printers connected to the network. When the 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer is assigned the app will automatically selects 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer otherwise add Envy 5546 Printer details.
- Select your location of the mobile device to print. If you have not yet added your cloud or social media account, follow the on-screen prompts and you get ready for the Envy 5546 Chromebook Wireless Setup.
Step 6: Download Latest Firmware on PC for Envy 5546
- For printing purpose, one must first need to update the printer’s firmware with the help of a personal computer. For 123 HP Envy 5546 Windows Setup, the driver can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup5546 on Envy Driver installation.
- Visit 123.hp.com/setup 5546 Select the model number as 5546 from the list. Download and install the most current version of the full feature printer software from 123.hp.com/envy5546.
- From the download list, you can select the preferred language option and also you can select the operating system which you are using.
- To complete the HP Envy 5546 Smartphone Printing Setup and driver installation, follow the on-screen instructions. Return to the 123.hp.com/envy5546 page in your browser to complete the printer registration and activation.
- If you find that firmware is not listed, then the 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer’s firmware is up to date. To know the best upgrade method as per your environments you can explore Read Me file.
- After 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer’s firmware has been updated successfully, turn off Envy 5546 Printer wait for a while and then turn on it again.
Step 7: Printing from 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer
- The printer must be already on with a steady power source. Refer 123.hp.com/setup 5546 for 123 HP Envy 5546 Smartphone Printing Setup.
- If the power light on 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer is dim, then chances are there that the printer is in sleep mode. Verify and turn on 123 HP Envy 5546 Printer.
- While opening the document file, web page, email, or image which you want to print on your device, you can select the display menu option and tap on the action icon.
- Add the printers if the printer is used for the first time or the drivers are reinstalled. Otherwise, select Envy 5546 Printer from the options and select HP Envy 5546 Printer.
- Enter how many copies of print you want to take before tapping on Print.
- For editing any of the settings, select the on Option. It will display some settings like paper size or model that may not be allowed to change from the device.
- To do the needful in change it directly from the printer you are using.
- In some cases, you want to be aware of the Printer settings, info, reports, and tools you can see these from the printer settings which you are using.
Disclaimer: 123-printer-setup.co is an independent service provider for third-party products. Any use of third party trademarks, brand names, products, and services is only for reference and to furnish information. If the printer is covered by the warranty, the support service may be available for free from the manufacturer. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies before referring 123.hp.com/setup for HP Printers.